Checklist of Services Your IT Company Should Be Providing
May 19, 2020 Robert Callagee 0 comment 264 Views
Technology has advanced to the point that maintaining a sufficient IT staff is more of an expense than small and medium businesses (SMBs) can absorb, and yet multifaceted IT help is a necessity. Thankfully, managed service providers (MSPs) are affordable which makes it possible for SMBs to remain competitive. The IT infrastructure, many of the tasks previously managed by on-site IT staff, and many other crucial matters are now taken care of by your MSP — or are they?
When you hire an MSP, what you should get for your money is a technology team that not only keeps you on the right track but provides needed protections and helps ensure you are ready to transition upon the arrival of up-and-coming technological advances.
The following is a checklist of services your MSP should be providing:
- Provide proactive IT services so that issues are caught and resolved before any major problems occur. Downtime should be drastically reduced if not virtually eliminated.
- Implement effective security solutions and establish needed protocols to protect your IT network and all devices from cybercriminals attempting to hack or infect the system or take it hostage.
- Provide strategic advice from a dedicated and local partner success manager regarding any recommended changes or methods for tackling IT challenges.
- Perform data backups and test the backups so that there is no question about your ability to recover all data.
- Monitor and maintain your entire IT infrastructure remotely. This includes remaining alert to any problematic issues that may arise, applying patches, and keeping software applications updated.
- 24×7 IT support by trained technicians who resolve 90% of issues on your first help desk call. Providing a quick and easy way for all your employees to resolve daily technology issues – minimizing downtime and increasing productivity.
- Train your personnel on cybersecurity awareness and Internet safety so that they understand their role in sidetracking cyber-attacks and keeping the network secure from hackers.
- Take steps required to ensure that your network always runs the latest and most up-to-date software and, as needed, hardware.
If you’re not receiving all the IT services listed above from your current IT provider, it’s time to find a new one.
Contact NuMSP Today
Share this Article